- Principal of a reputed senior secondary school (S.D. Public School, BU-Block, and Pitampura) in New Delhi since 2002. Raised the school standard bilaterally by enhancing the teachers’ competencies in their subjects as well as by facilitating the training programmes for them in usage of technology in the classroom especially the use of open software. An outstanding achievement of teachers and students at national as well as international platforms speaks of all effort.
- Represented India in UNESCO Global Meet for sustainable development held in South Korea in 2015.
- Recipient of Presidential Grant from Ministry of Science and technology to conceptualize,
plan and execute the programme “Mathematics Movement” to celebrate legacy of eminent
mathematician SriNivas Ramanujan on his 125th birth anniversary. The movement has
fan following on the social site “facebook” on the following link:
and 20 other video of different lectures.
- In service teacher’s training programmes conducted by SCERT , NCERT for more than 1000 teachers from Govt. Sarvodya Vidyalyas during summer vacations.
- Teacher’s training programmes conducted for thousands of teachers for CBSE Sahodya Indore other schools in Jaipur, Haryana, Delhi, U.P, for all CBSE Middle East schools in Indian High School , Dubai, All Branches Air force schools, All Branches Army Public School
- Lectures and workshops for students of Bed. And Master in Mathematics Education at Delhi Univ, Jamia Milia Univ, GGSIP Univ., Delhi.
Dissertation: Identification of creative problem solving strategies used by mathematically gifted students
- Authored a series of text books for primary school mathematics for Encyclopaedia Britannica and around 100 documents for CBSE for classes’ IX-XII.
- Co-authored a book on ‘Art and Science of Happy Living’ with Dr. S.N. Sharma, retd.
as Joint Directorate of Education, Govt. Of NCT, Delhi.
Book unravels the codes of ‘Srimad Bhagwad Gita’ in simple language for the youth of today and demystifies the art and science of happy, peaceful and satisfying life.
- Articles in newspaper like ‘Times of India’, ‘Hindustan Times’,School 99 etc.
- Lab manual class IX, formative assessment manuals for classes IX &X published by Central Board of Secondary Education in May 2005,
- Member of Editorial committees for editing Mathematics books for classes IX-XII published by NCERT,CBSE, INSA(Indian National Science Academy)
- Regular Articles on teaching of Mathematics in educational magazines like ‘School 99’.
- Various articles on Indian cultural and spiritual values and social ethics in ‘Santana Sandesh’, magazine released by ‘Santana Dharma Pratinidhi Sabha’ an all India body.
- Authored lessons for textual material published by Indian National Open Schooling (NIOS) for class IX & X.
- Material Developer for IIT Prep. UDAAN Project by CBSE & MHRD
- Presented paper in conference held at Lady Sri Ram College of Commerce on Innovations in Mathematics Education: Current Trends and Issues held on 3rd and 4th March
- Speaker at Consultative Seminar cum Workshop in mathematics Education at Middle
level(VI-VIII) on the theme
"Enhancing Mathematics Potential through Facilitative Resource Material" Organised by DST and CIE Univ. of Delhi
Also prepared the resource material for the same.
- Presented paper in Fifth Asia-Pacific conference on Giftedness held in 1998 in Delhi,
organised by Psychology Unit, Deptt. Of Education, University of Delhi and World
Council for Gifted and Talented Children
Theme of the Paper:
“Identifying Talents in Mathematics through Problem Solving Strategies”
- Presented paper on “Emerging Adolescent Issues in schools” in the symposium on “Child and Adolescent – Stress and Coping in the new Millennium” in 1999 pioneered by Expressions (school based pilot project on Holistic Health) and VIMHANS (Vidyasagar Institute of Mental Health And Neurosciences)
- Presented paper on “Adolescent Mental Health Issues- Role of Teachers” in “International Congress of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions” held in 2002, organised by Indian Association for Child & Adolescent Mental Health, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education AND Research, Chandigarh.
- Presented paper on
“Child Development and Adolescent Mental Health Centre in schools”
In Training of Trainers Workshop on Adolescent Mental Health & Development held in 2003 organised jointly by IAP Adolescent chapter and CDAHC, VIMHANS, Delhi.
Education Initiatives at S.D.Public School
- ‘Adopt a child’ ,programme was started in the year 2003 to help the students having single parent (due to broken family, sudden death of one of parents in accident, demise of one of the parents after long illness, illiterate parents, children with behaviour problems etc.)Such students were identified and were allotted to teachers on one to one basis. Due to caring and loving attitude of teachers these students were able to come out of traumatic conditions/ other social problems and are doing very well. Lots of success stories are there.
This policy is now an integral part of school programme.
- Many reforms in examination pattern were made in order to remove the habit of cramming amongst students. Now the school is known for its best results.
- Research based science activities are promoted. School team represented INDIA in ‘International Science Engineering Fair’, held in USA in 2004 and competed with 47 countries. Our students were able to got fourth position. Their research project was ‘effect of chinaberry on growth and fecundity of worms’. School was honoured by the then President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- For the past six years school is national level winner in science exhibition organised by CBSE and Directorate of Education.
- School students also represented INDIA in ‘International youth conference’ held in Japan in the year 2004 organised by Red Cross Society.
- All teachers of school were exposed to various kind of training programmes regarding
ICT – INTEL BEGINNER’S COURSE, INTEL MASTER TRAINER COURSE, Open Software Training
under e-shiksha programme by CII( CONFEDERATION OF INDIAN INDUSTRIES).
35 teachers of school are collaborating with their students through blogs, wiki’s etc.developed by them for their subject.
- First school in the world to start the use of wiki in the classroom.
- School has won UNESCO ICT Award, International school Award, Microsoft Showcase School Award.
- Extensive survey was conducted in the school to identify the potential of students’. School has identified and groomed many promising players in the field of Cricket, Table Tennis, Skating, Basketball, VolleyBall, atheletics etc.despite of small playground.
- All members of SDPS fraternity are appreciated to find the solution of the problems instead of making complains about lack of infrastructure.
- Many athletes of school outshined in NATIONAL MEETS and some have represented INDIA in JUNIOR ASIAD in Thailand and international Athletics meet in Russia.
Association with social organisations
- School is member of WCPRC (World Council of Prize Rights For Children). Queen of Sweden is Chairperson OF WCPRC AND Dr.Nelson Mandela is Patron. Every year school children exercise their voting rights to elect the person out of nominated members who has worked best for Childrens’ Rights.
- Collaboration with WORLD’S KIDS FOUNDATION, an NGO from Mumbai to conduct film sessions of international films for children under the programme – ‘LESSONS IN THE DARK’. These sessions are followed by discussions to help the children to be analytical while watching films and also allows them to present their opinions.
- Collaboration in many social ventures with Art of Living Foundation, Navjyoti foundation, Goonj, Helpage India, SOS Villages, Cancer Aid Society ,Red Cross Society etc.
- Collaboration with National Bal Bhawan, National Science Centre, Vigyan Prasar, Mathematical Sciences Foundation, Delhi Jal Board, NDPL, National School of Drama etc. in various projects for school children